- Provide one to one support for young people
- Facilitate self-help groups
- Monitor our Technology Enabled Care Services (TECS) and Befriending service
- Coordinate our CPD training and Conference event planning
- Monitor and improve Equality & Diversity strategy
- Raise awareness and understanding of eating disorders and reduce stigma and discrimination
Maria has a BSc (Hons) in Psychology where she focused on how media influences Anorexia Nervosa. She is a student member of the BACP and is currently working towards her MSc in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Maria joined First Steps as a volunteer in 2016 and completed both her Internship and Placement in the charity. Maria began working at First Steps in 2017.
She has experience in working with adolescents suffering with Eating Disorders and is passionate about ensuring that people from all backgrounds can access the support they deserve, including being our link worker to European groups in the East Midlands.
Working with the management team, Maria also project manages First Steps CPD training and workshop events, including conferences.