Amy is our Clinical Officer reporting to our Clinical Senior Responsible Officer, and has line management responsibility for Coordinator Intensive Community Support – Partnership with NHS Derbyshire Eating Disorders Service
- Coordinates our integrated working with NHS Derbyshire ED
- Provide a safe and confidential environment to discuss their eating disorders
- Deliver Body Image Awareness within Schools/Community
- To raise awareness and understanding of eating disorders
- Promote awareness of First Steps and the services provided
Amy started volunteering at First Steps in 2014 at the young person’s support group and then as an online befriender. Amy is an ‘expert by experience’ in eating disorders and is passionate about raising awareness and reducing the stigma around eating disorders.
Amy holds a Mental Health Nursing MNurSci, and is currently completing her Masters Practitioner in Eating Disorders and Obesity. with the National Eating Disorders centre.
Amy enjoys working with people of all ages and has vast experience of supporting individuals in the home, at school and in their communities impacted by eating disorders.